updated more often ->


FYI: I only update the blog for longer posts.

For more up to date stuff, please check out our Facebook, Twitter, or Youtube channels :)
Or check out all our games HERE

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I am not young enough to know everything.

I was very proud of myself.

So I created this animation. Looked cool. Did it using Maya. Rendered and exported out each frame in png format.

After all that, assembling them is cakewalk for sure! After all, I was even able to do it in my head...

...but not on the computer.

At least, not within the 5 seconds that I thought it was gonna take.

Which gets to one of my biggest pet peeves: not being able to do something that should be stupidly simple to do.

Photoshop? Couldn't do it without some pain.
Irfanview? Destroys transparency.
Paint? Hah!
Doing it by hand? Only if all else fails...

Basically, this isn't exactly the thing that I should have to google.

But I did. And felt annoyed because of it.

Moral of the story is that I took for granted something that I thought should've been automatic. You'd think I'd have learned something by now...

The solution I found in a forum somewhere. Kudos to the gal who posted:

-Imagemagick
-put all PNGs into a single folder, name them *01.png, *02.png, etc
-run the command on the shell:

montage -background "transparent" -depth 8 -type TrueColorMatte *.png
geometry 128x128 -tile 8x1 -matte -transparent "transparent" concat.png

That's for a sheet of 8 png files, with a size of 128 square each, outputting to concat.png

No comments:

Post a Comment